Controls System Engineer
We seek a control systems engineer to help us make a green global impact by harnessing the proven power of AI. This innovative person will join our team to solve new, challenging problems that will improve the performance and efficiencies of edge computing; data centers; colocation providers; telecommunications facilities; and large commercial buildings and campuses.
Vigilent is the leader in dynamic cooling management systems. We apply our predictive algorithms to continuously optimize mission-critical cooling systems for customers all over the world. Our customers benefit by increasing their operations capacity whilst reducing their energy usage and carbon emissions footprints, leading to a more sustainable planet.
YOUR TOOL BOX
- Collaborate with a team of developers and product owners to design and develop robust product solutions that continuously execute in mission-critical environments.
- Translate the ideas of product owners and end users into technical requirements that the development teams can understand and implement.
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to develop alternative solutions to complex problems.
- Gather requirements, conceptualize, and design new products and features from the ground up.
- Assist with system troubleshooting and debugging.
- Review and create system, software, and functional design specifications.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Mathematical concepts of control engineering
- Adaptive PID control
- Knowledge of machine learning techniques
- Linear regression
- Mathematical modeling
- Control systems engineering
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Desire to teach, motivate and mentor others
- Data analytics tools
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in an Engineering related field
- 4 years of professional experience
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated documentation skills
- Must be able to pass a background security check, including a drug screening
- Experience with creating/maintaining/communicating product design specifications
- Experience developing and auditing best practices
- Experience with software development
- Experience with software architecture design
- BACnet, Modbus, HVAC and building automation experience
Job Location: This is a remote position. You must be available to collaborate virtually with team members on the West Coast of the United States.
Start Date: Immediate
Hire Type: Full-time, Regular, Direct Hire
Benefits: Health (medical, dental & vision), Transit, Flex Spending & 401(k) benefits
To Apply please send a cover letter and resume to Careers@Vigilent.com.
Vigilent Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to providing a workplace that includes people of diverse backgrounds. Vigilent participates in the E-Verify program as required by law.
Please send an email to Careers@Vigilent.com with any questions.