Remote, USA· Information Technology
We seek a product manager to help us make a green global impact by harnessing the proven power of AI. This innovative person will join our team to solve new, challenging problems that will improve the performance and efficiencies of edge computing; data centers; colocation providers; telecommunications facilities; and large commercial buildings and campuses.
Vigilent is the leader in dynamic cooling management systems. We apply our predictive algorithms to continuously optimize mission-critical cooling systems for customers all over the world. Our customers benefit by increasing their operations capacity whilst reducing their energy usage and carbon emissions footprints, improving profitability and leading to a more sustainable planet.
What you'll do:
What we value:
- Lead a cross-functional team to drive the life cycle of a product, from the initial ideas to launch and EOL of product.
- You will "own" the product definition (vision/purpose), the product schedule, the justification - business purpose/case - and make decisions on what are must-haves, nice-to-haves, not-required.
- You will formulate product ideas and strategies, document product proposals and requirements within the context of (a) what customers need now and, in the future, what is it worth and (b) how to compete and win business.
- Identify and communicate new opportunities from an understanding of our various customers and the markets and of Vigilent’s strengths and unique talents.
Required Skills & Experience
- Strong technical background: Mechanical engineer or software engineering experience.
- Understanding of the technical details (limits, possibilities) of what a product and architecture can and cannot solve.
- Logical thinkers who can evaluate solution options. A person who can create alternative plans of action amongst opportunities and constraints.
- Innovative thinkers who can create new product/features in collaboration with others.
- Leadership and collaboration skills to lead teams across functions within Vigilent and with our vendors, partners and customers.
- Experience with software development.
- Technical degree, preferably in Mechanical Engineering or Computer Science or Engineering.
- Has 5+ years’ experience in a technical role.
- Excellent communication skills in all forms- written, visual, presentation, verbal and listening.
- Must be able to pass a background security check including a drug screening according to Vigilent’s customer requirements.
Job Location: This is a remote position. You must be available to collaborate virtually with team members on the West Coast of the United States.
Start Date: Immediate
Hire Type: Full-time, Regular, Direct Hire
Benefits: Health (medical, dental & vision), Transit, Flex Spending & 401(k) benefits
To Apply please send a cover letter and resume to Careers@Vigilent.com.
Vigilent Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to providing a workplace that includes people of diverse backgrounds. Vigilent participates in the E-Verify program as required by law.