Full-Stack Software Engineer
Remote, USA/EMEA · Information Technology
We seek a software engineer to help us make a green global impact by developing energy saving solutions for business. This person will join our team working in the development of a highly reliable infrastructure for the Vigilent artificial intelligence engine for edge computing, along with engineering the software systems for Vigilent’s cloud solutions.
Vigilent is the leader in dynamic cooling management systems and applies machine learning technology to the real-time energy demands of data centers, colocation providers, telecommunications facilities, and large buildings. We take an innovative approach to energy efficiency by using predictive algorithms to optimize mission-critical cooling systems, saving our customers time and money, and creating a more sustainable planet.
- Collaborate with a team developers and product owners to design and develop robust mission-critical software that balances needs for environmental control with energy efficiency.
- Work with our stack (PHP, ExtJS, Python, C++) to extend functionality and design new software solutions.
- Gather requirements, conceptualize, and design new products and features from the ground up.
- Work with the in-house and contracted development teams to design, implement and support Engineering infrastructure, processes, and tools to improve efficiency of analysis, development, debug and unit testing
- Drive automation throughout engineering and operations to streamline deployments and common operational tasks.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- BS in Computer Science
- Proficiency in Linux, Docker/Kubernetes, Databases, AWS
- Must be able to pass a background security check, including a drug screening
- MS in Computer Science
- Experience with Ubuntu
- Experience with Debian packages
- Experience with open-source software
- Experience using and developing products for virtualized environments
- Experience in software architecture design
- Experience with security auditing tools and security best practices.
- BACnet, Modbus, HVAC and building automation experience
Job Location: We operate globally. This position may be remote. Our main offices are in Oakland, CA, and Lymington, UK
Start Date: Immediate
Hire Type: Full-time, Regular, Direct Hire
Benefits: Health (medical, dental & vision), Transit, Flex Spending & 401(k) benefits
To Apply please send a cover letter and resume to Careers@Vigilent.com.
Vigilent Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to providing a workplace that includes people of diverse backgrounds. Vigilent participates in the E-Verify program as required by law.
Please send an email to Careers@Vigilent.com with any questions.