DevOps / Site Reliability Engineer
Vigilent applies AI to dynamically optimize the indoor environment, energy and carbon emissions of data centers and other commercial buildings, and enable their autonomous operation. Our mission is to create a more sustainable planet while increasing the profitability of our customers.
We are seeking a software engineer to help us develop, configure and maintain our new commercial building HVAC optimization product, Vigilent for Buildings. This product brings Vigilent’s award-winning technology for optimizing cooling in data centers and other technical environments to commercial buildings such as office buildings, hospitals, and schools. Vigilent for Buildings uses machine learning and artificial intelligence to dynamically control HVAC infrastructure in order to save energy, meet healthy air standards, and improve occupant comfort. This is an opportunity to learn about the application of cutting-edge AI/ML technology to the data center and commercial building markets while having a positive impact on the environment.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Act as lead technical resource planning and building our cloud-based infrastructure.
- Define specifications for product extensions and process automation.
- Configure and maintain resources on AWS, CradlePoint, Cisco ASAv and VMware.
- Manage security and access controls.
- Provide guidance and best practices for highly scalable and fault tolerant solutions.
- Monitor systems for problems and performance; rightsize our virtual environments.
- Use ticket management system such as Jira and Confluence to manage work priorities.
- Work closely with internal developers and customers to troubleshoot issues.
- Apply networking knowledge to debug upstream issues.
- Ability to clearly articulate and communicate complex technical ideas to non-DevOps colleagues.
- Ability to understand project requirements and be innovative in finding solutions.
- Own the solutions that you engineer.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to clearly explain complex technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Computer Science or related; at least 3 years experience in SRE, DevOps or IT role.
- Working knowledge of Linux and Internet technologies.
- Knowledge of technological trends and developments in the area of information security and risk management including knowledge of security, risk and control frameworks.
- Understanding of cloud, SaaS, and IoT architectures and their implications to information security & data privacy strategies.
- High degree of initiative, dependability and ability to work both collaboratively and with little supervision.
- Must be able to pass a background security check, including a drug screening
Job Location: Remote work opportunity based in the United States
Start Date: Immediate
Hire Type: Full-Time, Permanent, Direct Hire
Benefits: Full benefits package to include stock options.
- Experience with building automation systems, HVAC design and construction, or energy efficiency consulting.
- Application integration experience, including with the BACnet and/or Modbus protocols.
Please send an email to Careers@Vigilent.com with any questions.