We are seeking a customer-facing professional with extensive experience in data centers to drive the market success of our strategic partners.
Vigilent applies AI to dynamically optimize the indoor environment, energy and carbon emissions of commercial buildings and enable their autonomous operation. Our mission is to increase the profitability of our customers and create a more sustainable planet. Check out the value our customers have seen: http://www.vigilent.com/customers/
We have developed close partnerships with global industry leaders such as NTT Facilities, Schneider Electric and Siemens. Vigilent, our partners, and our customers have received numerous AI, IoT, data center, and clean technology awards. Vigilent is also a leader in supporting aggressive climate action on the part of companies and governments. You can read about all that here: http://www.vigilent.com/news-and-events/news/
The Channel Manager role is essential to growth and success of Vigilent. The position is customer-facing and technical, and is focused on the success of our direct and partner sales organizations. You will wear many hats, learn a lot, and have a significant impact on our customers, the environment, and Vigilent!
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Continue the growth trajectory with Siemens, Schneider and BGIS in the Americas
- Understand partner solutions and how Vigilent can complement them to meet customer needs
- Train partner sales and technical teams on the Vigilent system and the benefits it delivers, the joint partner-Vigilent value proposition, technical product details, and how to qualify sales opportunities
- Be a solution expert by providing technical consultative assistance to the partner during the sales process to accurately assess potential customers’ needs and ultimately helping craft the value proposition and messaging that shows how the Vigilent solution meets the customers strategic and tactical goals.
- Work closely with partners to identify customer needs, overcome sales and technical objections, define a solution and prepare compelling proposals
- Provide technical presentations and compelling system demos – on-site, by phone, and through web conferences – to showcase product features and differentiators to technical personnel and target customer leadership.
- Develop strong working relationships with both the sales and technical resources of our partners.
- Help partners with lead generation by identifying promising prospects and participating in events such as trade shows.
- Work with the Vigilent Operations and Customers Engagement Teams to ensure customer deployments are up to date and referenceable with the staff trained and using the system to achieve the maximum possible benefit
- Offer feedback as it relates to end user installations and partner engagement to the appropriate Vigilent departments designed to improve our performance and standing with each.
Desired SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- The ideal candidate will have the combination of direct sales experience in a technical environment as well as experience driving partner sales with large, multi-national channel partners
- Working knowledge of building control technologies, including the data center and telecom facilities market, and cooling/control systems
- Working knowledge of software integration
- Customer-facing consultative skills, including the ability to work well with business and technical executives, and the ability to create and deliver powerful proposals
- Partner-enablement experience with a track record of helping them achieve market success
- Ability to simply and clearly explain and demonstrate technology
- Strong analytical skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong work and team ethic
- Able to travel up to 50% of the time
- Able to work autonomously
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Existing relationships with building control technology and cooling/control systems manufacturers and resellers a plus
- Fluency in multiple languages other than English a plus
- Mechanical Engineering degree
Job Location: United States/Remote
Hire Type: Full-time, Regular, Direct Hire
Reports to: Director, Channel Management
Benefits: Benefits package commensurate with the position
Please send a cover letter and your resume/CV to email@example.com
Vigilent Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to providing a workplace that includes people of diverse backgrounds. Vigilent participates in the E-Verify program as required by law. Vigilent must conduct extensive background checks on all employees. Employees may be subject to drug testing.