We seek an expert at identifying and resolving challenging technical issues as well as providing complex product usage guidance. Troubleshooting skills that span software applications, LANs, databases, systems integration and hardware are critical.
Vigilent is the leader in dynamic cooling management systems and applies Intelligent Analytics®
technology to address real-time energy demands of data centers, colocation providers, telecommunications facilities and large buildings. We take an innovative approach to energy efficiency by using predictive algorithms to optimize mission-critical cooling systems, saving our customers money and creating a more sustainable planet.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Assist customers and Tier 1 support specialists with analysis of complex data sets and issues.
- Assist the operations team with product installation, generally remotely.
- Create, track and document support cases and generate problem reports. Work with internal teams to resolve issues.
- Perform diagnostics, install and upgrade software using remote access tools.
- Analyze log files to identify underlying problems. Make and/or implement recommendations for resolution.
- Analyze large data sets relating to system control decisions to provide advice and optimization recommendations to customers.
- Determine best practices for support and field organizations through system knowledge.
- Recommend process improvements to deliver better customer solutions.
- Some travel to customer sites may be required.
- Flexible working hours and working across time zones.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 2+ year experience providing direct customer support in a technical environment.
- Experience with Linux command line and scripting.
- Record of automating routine tasks or processes.
- Ability to identify the root cause of an issue and write concise, accurate, descriptive and explicit bug reports.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to clearly explain complex engineering technologies.
- Self-starter who is able to work independently.
- Familiarity with SQL databases and VMware.
- Basic knowledge of Networking configurations.
- Experience in data centers or other mission critical facilities.
- Experience in building automation systems, HVAC design and construction, or energy efficiency consulting.
- Experience developing tools and scripts used to automate customer service processes.
Job Location: Remote work opportunity in the United Kingdom or the Netherlands
Start Date: Immediate
Hire Type: Full-Time, Permanent, Direct Hire
Reports to: Director of Engineering
Benefits: Full Benefits Package to include stock options
Please send a cover letter your resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Vigilent Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, handicap, disability, or any other protected class status pursuant to applicable law.