Strategic Account Manager / Solutions Engineer
How would you like to work for a company with powerful AI technology that helps global businesses optimize their operations and significantly reduce carbon emissions?
Would you like to have a role with wide-ranging responsibilities that directly impacts company performance? Do you want to work with a major strategic customer, partners and colleagues around the world? This is a unique role that involves managing and expanding our engagement with a global telecommunications company AND working with our global partners as the primary pre and post sales technical resource.
Vigilent has pioneered the use of IoT, artificial intelligence, and analytics to deliver automated real-time dynamic control of cooling resources in mission critical environments.
The Vigilent system increases reliability, unlocks stranded cooling capacity, and reduces operating costs in data center and telecom facilities across the globe. Our mission is to increase the profitability and competitiveness of our customers and to create a more sustainable planet. Check out the value our customers have seen: http://www.vigilent.com/customers/
We have developed close partnerships with global industry leaders such as Siemens, NTT Facilities, Schneider Electric and BGIS. Vigilent, our partners, and our customers have received numerous AI, IoT, data center, and clean technology awards. Vigilent is also a leader in supporting aggressive climate action on the part of companies and governments. You can read about all that here: http://www.vigilent.com/news-and-events/news/
This role is essential to growth and success of Vigilent and sits at the heart of our strategic account and partner sales engagements. You will wear many hats, learn a lot, and have a significant impact on our customers, the environment, and Vigilent!
Strategic Account Manager
- Prospect, identify and work with decision makers and influencers within a major telecommunications carrier
- Build strong, long lasting relationships at multiple levels
- Educate carrier on the value and benefits of the Vigilent solution; address technical concerns and questions
- Understand organizational and budget dynamics
- Effectively work across all relevant carrier functions to close sales
- Maintain CRM data and accurately forecast sales
- Interface effectively with internal engineering and service support teams
- Identify opportunities to deepen integration within the overall account
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Act as lead technical resource on customer and partner engagements
- Provide technical presentations and compelling system demos – on-site, by phone, and through web conferences – to showcase product features and differentiators to technical personnel and target customer leadership.
- During the pre-sales process, travel on-site to perform site assessments with the goal of identifying how Vigilent solutions can deliver energy savings, increase facility reliability and improve overall site operations.
- Be the technical resource to identify application fit issues and make recommendations to improve Vigilent products, tools and other deliverables.
- Investigate and understand competitors and how to competitively position Vigilent for success.
- As a member of the sales team, actively participate in the request for proposal process by defining the technical portions of the strategy and response.
- Attend customer meetings to present the solution and assist in closing strategic business.
- After project installation, conduct M&V analyses and prepare reports, including energy savings analyses.
- Participate in conferences and regional events, including staffing booths, delivering presentations, and meeting with customers.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- A successful track record of expanding within major global accounts
- Strong expansion, networking and presentation skills
- Experience working with large enterprise customers at all levels
- A background in successfully interacting with the critical facilities organizations (in particular selling HVAC controls, energy efficiency or critical facilities infrastructure)
- B.S. and/or M.S. in Mechanical Engineering
- Working knowledge of Building Control Systems and Architectures.
- Experience conducting energy efficiency analysis and modeling facility energy consumption
- Familiarity with mechanical control systems, control theory, cooling systems, and database architecture, with BMS/software programming a plus
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to understand client needs and converse fluently with customers’ and partners’ technical personnel and business executives
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to clearly explain complex engineering technologies to those without technical degrees or expertise, with fluency in multiple languages a plus
- Strong project management skills, capable of prioritizing, multi-tasking and working in a fast-paced environment and being accountable for contributing to revenue and profitability targets
- Regular travel (~ 50%), both domestic and international
- 3+ years’ experience in relevant industry
- Experience in data centers or other mission critical facilities
- Experience in building automation systems, HVAC designs, and/or energy efficiency consulting
Job Location: United States
Start Date: Immediate
Hire Type: Full-Time Permanent Employee, Direct Hire
Benefits: Benefits package commensurate with the position
Vigilent Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to providing a workplace that includes people of diverse backgrounds. Vigilent participates in the E-Verify program as required by law. Vigilent must conduct extensive background checks on all employees. Employees may be subject to drug testing.