Full-Stack Software Engineer
We seek a software engineer to help us make a green global impact by developing energy saving solutions for business. This person will provide extensive software system expertise in the development of a highly reliable infrastructure for the Vigilent artificial intelligence engine for edge computing, along with engineering the software systems for Vigilent’s cloud solutions.
Vigilent is the leader in dynamic cooling management systems and applies machine learning technology to the real-time energy demands of data centers, colocation providers, telecommunications facilities, and large buildings. We take an innovative approach to energy efficiency by using predictive algorithms to optimize mission-critical cooling systems, saving our customers time and money, and creating a more sustainable planet.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Design and develop robust mission-critical software that balances needs for environmental control with energy efficiency.
- Work within our stack (PHP, ExtJS, Python, C++) to extend functionality and design new software solutions.
- Gather requirements, conceptualize, and design new products and features from the ground up.
- Work with the in-house and contracted development teams to design, implement and support Engineering infrastructure, processes, and tools to improve efficiency of analysis, development, debug and unit testing
- Drive automation throughout engineering and operations to streamline deployments and common operational tasks.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- BS in Computer Science
- 4 years of software engineering work experience
- Proven delivery of product to market
- Proficiency in in Linux, Docker/Kubernetes, Databases, AWS
- Experience with security auditingtools and security best practices
- Willing and experienced at working with both in-house and contracted engineering teams
- Must be able to pass a background security check, including a drug screening
- MS in Computer Science
- Experience with Ubuntu
- Experience with Debian packages
- Experience with open-source software
- Experience using and developing products for virtualized environments.
- Experience in software architecture design.
- BACnet, Modbus, HVAC and building automation experience.
Job Location: We operate globally. This position may be remote. Our main offices are in Oakland, CA, and Lymington, UK
Start Date: Immediate