We seek a software developer to help us make a green global impact by developing energy saving solutions for business. This person will provide extensive coding expertise in the development of a highly reliable infrastructure for the Vigilent artificial intelligence engine within a distributed client-server environment.
Vigilent is the leader in dynamic cooling management systems and applies Intelligent Analytics® technology to address real-time energy demands of data centers, colocation providers, telecommunications facilities, and large buildings. We take an innovative approach to energy efficiency by using predictive algorithms to optimize mission-critical cooling systems, saving our customers money, and creating a more sustainable planet.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Design and develop robust mission-critical software that balances needs for environmental control with energy efficiency.
- Work within our stack (PHP, ExtJS, Python, C++) to extend functionality and make decisions about new technologies.
- Gather requirements, conceptualize, and design new products and features from the ground up.
- Work with the in-house and contracted development teams to design, implement and support Engineering infrastructure, processes, and tools to improve efficiency of analysis, development, debug and unit testing
- Drive automation throughout engineering and operations to streamline deployments and common operational tasks.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- BS in Computer Science
- 5+ years of software development work experience
- Proven delivery of product to market
- Solid Linux experience
- Excellent TCP/IP network troubleshooting
- Willing and experienced at working with both in-house and contracted engineering teams
- Experience proving you can master our stack
- Must be able to pass a background security check, including a drug screening
- MS in Computer Science
- Experience with Ubuntu
- Experience with security auditing tools and security best practices.
- Experience with Debian packages: building packages, deploying packages and package servers.
- Experience with open-source software.
- Experience using and developing products for virtualized environments.
- Experience in software architecture design.
- BACnet, Modbus, HVAC and building automation experience.
Job Location: We operate globally. This position may be remote. Our main offices are in Oakland, CA, and Lymington, UK
Start Date: Immediate