We seek an expert at identifying and resolving challenging technical issues as well as providing complex product usage guidance. Troubleshooting skills that span software applications, LANs, databases, systems integration and hardware are critical.
Vigilent is the leader in dynamic cooling management systems and applies Intelligent Analytics®
technology to address real-time energy demands of data centers, colocation providers, telecommunications facilities and large buildings. We take an innovative approach to energy efficiency by using predictive algorithms to optimize mission-critical cooling systems, saving our customers money and creating a more sustainable planet.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Assist customers and Tier 1 support specialists with analysis of complex data sets and issues.
- Create, track and document support cases and generate problem reports. Work with internal teams to drive resolution of issues through to delivery to customer.
- Perform diagnostics, install and upgrade software using remote access tools.
- Analyze log files to identify underlying problems. Make and/or implement recommendations for resolution.
- Analyze large data sets relating to system control decisions to provide advice and optimization recommendations to customers.
- Determine best practices for support and field organizations through system knowledge.
- Recommend process improvements to deliver better customer solutions, faster.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 2+ year experience providing direct customer support in a technical environment.
- Experience with Linux command line and scripting. Record of automating routine tasks or processes.
- Ability to identify the root cause of an issue and write concise, accurate, descriptive and explicit bug reports.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to clearly explain complex engineering technologies.
- Some minimal travel may be required.
- Must be able to pass a background security check, including a drug screening.
- Familiarity with SQL databases and VMware.
- Experience in data centers or other mission critical facilities.
- Experience in building automation systems, HVAC design and construction, or energy efficiency consulting.
- Experience developing tools and scripts used to automate customer service processes.
Job Location: Choice to work at our Oakland CA based office or Remote, USA
Start Date: Immediate
Hire Type: Full-Time, Permanent, Direct Hire
Reports to: Director of Engineering
Benefits: Full Benefits Package including health, dental, vision, stock options, and more.
Please send a cover letter within the email body and attach your resume (PDF or Word Format) to email@example.com
Vigilent Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to providing a workplace that includes people of diverse backgrounds. Vigilent participates in the E-Verify program as required by law.